Olivia Newton John Talks Bollywood Film

 From correspondents in TorontoAFP

OLIVIA Newton John is in talks to do a Bollywood film, she said today after her latest movie opened the Toronto film festival.
"I have a Bollywood-kind-of-film that is being talked about right now, but nothing concrete," the Australian actress and singer said.

Newton John has rarely appeared in film since her blockbuster roles in Grease (1978) opposite John Travolta and Xanadu (1980), as well as Two of a Kind (1983).

She landed supporting roles in It's My Party (1996) and Sordid Lives (2000), but her career has otherwise been focused on bit television parts, including Fox Television's runaway hit Glee, and recording music, which earned her four Grammy awards.

Her newest album is due out on September 22.

In Canadian director Michael McGowan's Score: A Hockey Musical, which opened the Toronto film festival on Thursday, Newton John plays the organic-loving New Age mother of a young hockey phenom, opposite Canadian singer-songwriter Marc Jordan as the father.
Jordan, whose wife Amy Sky produced Newton John's last album, took credit for luring her back to the silver screen.

"I used my wife to lure Olivia," Jordan said. "I was so terrified when I got the part and I confided in my wife and she said I wonder if our pal Olivia would play (opposite me), and she agreed."

Newton John said Sky "called me and said Marc was doing this musical and there was a part for his wife and would I be interested in reading for it."

The pretext for the film sounded "really fun," Newton John said. Sky sent her the script and a few of the songs and Newton John immediately agreed to join the cast, she said.

"I love to do fun things and it seemed like a fun project and who knew we'd end up opening the Toronto film festival," she said. 

{ 0 comments... Skip ke Kotak Komentar }

Tambahkan Komentar Anda

 

Popular Posts

Followers

Naked in Satisfaction © 2012 | Template By Jasriman Sukri